Our financial aid is generously funded in part by the Catholic Schools Foundation. Financial aid based on demonstrated financial need is offered to qualified students in the form of a grant and does not require repayment. Financial aid is awarded for tuition only and does not cover student fees, lunches, transportation or any other incidental expenses.
Decisions regarding financial aid are made separately from the admission process. Financial aid is available to students entering kindergarten (K-2) through grade 8, and any interested family may apply.
The Financial Aid Process
Financial aid at Quincy Catholic Academy is determined by a family’s ability to meet education expenses. Quincy Catholic Academy believes the family should be the first resource for funding their children’s education, and it is important to note that the financial aid determination is based on demonstrated financial need and not on the willingness or unwillingness to pay.
Each family is expected to pay a portion of the cost of their student’s education or find resources apart from financial aid to fulfill their obligation to Quincy Catholic Academy. Due to a limited budget and the number of families requesting assistance, all qualified need may not be met.
Families applying for financial aid are required to complete an application through FACTS Grant and Aid. Families are also required to submit a copy of their prior year federal income tax return, W-2 forms and all schedules. If applicable, all corporate and partnership/sole proprietorship forms must also be included. Based on the financial information you provide, FACTS gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses.
In order to be assured of consideration, families must be timely and thorough in completing the application process.
Information for Families Applying for Aid for the 2018-2019 School Year
To be eligible for consideration for financial aid, you must complete your application for aid and submit all necessary documentation by the following deadlines:
Deadline: March 30, 2018
Award letters will be sent in May and awards will be applied to tuition accounts at that time. Payments in full will have the tuition amount already adjusted. All returning families must meet this deadline in order to be eligible for aid.
New applicants: applications received after the deadline will be processed on a rolling basis until all funds are depleted.
The fee for applying for financial aid for the 2018-2019 school year is $30.00 (nonrefundable) and must be paid to submit an application.
Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all required documents are submitted by the deadline.
We use FACTS Grant and Aid to process financial aid applications. Based on the financial information you provide in your application, FACTS gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This estimate is a starting point to help us make fair and objective financial aid decisions. To begin your financial aid application for the 2018-2019 school year, please follow these steps below. (You only have to complete one application, even if you have several children applying.)
- New students for the 2018-2019 school year must register and submit the registration fee before applying for financial aid. Current students in the Academy must re-register and pay the registration fee before applying for financial aid. Please submit application materials and fees directly to the school to reserve seat(s) in the Academy. No financial aid applications will be considered until the registration fee is received.
- The financial aid applicant must claim the student(s) on their tax return and student(s) must be in grades K2 to 8 to be eligible. There is no aid available for the Pre-K and K1 (age 3 and 4) students due to the high cost of the program.
- All documents must be received by FACTS Management Company by the due date (late applications will not be considered until after the first round is complete, on a rolling basis). An application is not complete until the all required information is received and processed by FACTS Management Company.
- All financial accounts must be up-to-date (this includes tuition AND incidentals).
- Application fee of $30.00 must be paid.
TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Go to http://online.factsmgt.com
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- You will set up a FACTS Grant and Aid account using your email address and a password. Returning parents: If you completed an application last year, use your email address and existing password. If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot my password.”
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS WE REQUIRE
Quincy Catholic Academy requires that you submit your required documents** to FACTS Grant and Aid by mail or fax. We must receive these documents by the deadlines stated above.
- To submit these documents by fax, send one copy of each document to (866) 315-9264
- To submit these documents by mail, send one copy (not the original) of each document to: FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment, P.O. Box 82524, Lincoln, NE 68501-2524 USA.
Tip: Do not use staples or paper clips. Tip: Mail any documents 10 days in advance of our deadlines to allow for mail delivery and for FACTS’ processing time.
Call FACTS Customer Service at (866) 315-9262 with any questions
- A completed application for aid (see step #1 above)
- A complete, signed copy of 2017 IRS Federal Form 1040, 1040A or 1040-EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax Return for both the applicant and co-applicant.
- Copies of all 2017 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant.
- Copies of all supporting tax schedules if you have income from any of the following:
- Business – (Form 1040 Line 12) Attach Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Farm – (Form 1040 Line 18) Attach Schedule F and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Rental Property – (Form 1040 Line 17) Attach Schedule E (page 1)
- S-Corporation – (Form 1040 Line 17) Attach Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (4 pages, Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Partnership – (Form 1040 Line 17) Attach Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Estates and Trusts – (Form 1040 Line 17) Attach Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041 and Schedule K-1
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income such as: Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Worker’s Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
Quincy Catholic Academy reviews all completed financial aid files and makes a decision based upon each family’s demonstrated need. We may request additional documentation such as bank statements and a monthly budget if more information is needed in order to understand a family’s financial situation.
Financial Aid Policies
The following policies govern the administration of financial aid at Quincy Catholic Academy:
Students with an outstanding balance from a previous school year must make arrangements for complete payment before they will be allowed to register for the next school year or receive any financial aid. Renewal of a financial aid grant is based on proof of continued financial need. Families must re-apply each year and the amount of assistance may change.
Quincy Catholic Academy believes that both parents have an obligation to support their child’s education. Therefore, in the case of divorced or separated parents, or parents who have never been married, both custodial and non-custodial parents with legal parental rights are each required to submit all of the required financial aid application documents in order for their child to be considered for a financial aid grant. In cases where one parent cannot comply, the custodial parent should submit a written explanation. Lack of information from either parent may cause an arbitrary assessment of financial need to be made by the school, resulting in a lesser award or no award at all. Please see our Financial Aid FAQs online for more information.
The financial aid process is conducted with the utmost concern and respect for the family’s privacy. Be assured that all financial information submitted in the financial aid application process is held in the strictest confidence by both Quincy Catholic Academy and FACTS Grant and Aid.
Contact our Business Manager, Angela DiMarzio with any questions at (617) 328-3830 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Quincy Catholic Academy does not discriminate against students on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational or admissions policies.